• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Intimidation/harassment suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kattrask

What is the name of your state? CO

My son was suspended from school yesterday for intimidation/harassment. He did not say or do anything to anyone. No one says he did. He was present at an altercation between two other boys. He made a comment under his breath that was not heard by anyone. The conflict was between two other boys, one of whom is his friend. The 'victim' claims my son whispered something he did not hear to his friend. This supposedly caused the friend to push him. My son's friend stated he did not hear anything my son said. His statement was that my son did not do or say anything to anyone and had no involvement in the dispute. He says he acts for himself and does not take orders from my son. The principal sent a statement to me claiming my son admitteted he was the "main instigator and taunter of all this". That is a lie. My son did not say any such thing. He did admit to muttering something under his breath, but that is all. Several boys did threaten and harass my son and his friend in front of several witnesses. None of these were disciplined in any way

The principal has demonstrated an ongoing dislike for my son and accused my son without justifiaction in the past. He has recently instructed teachers to try to catch my son with his shirt untucked so that he can use the dress code to suspend him. No other student is subjected to such scrutiny. three different teachers informed my son of this. My son is in the top 1% of his class academically. He was never in trouble of any kind until the new principal came this year. He took an instant dislike to my son and has hounded him nonstop all year. My son has been under strict instructions from me for most of the school year to keep his mouth shut and his back to the wall, because the principal has made it clear that he would try anything to run him out of the school. We live in a rural area. My son is sixteen and has never attended school anywhere else and I do not have a way to get him to another school even if I could get him to leave his friends. I work fifty miles away. I am at the end of my rope. I am tired of this constant harassment. My son has to watch his back all the time, not for oattacks from other students, but from the administration.

How do I go about formally filing a discrimination and harassment complaint against the principal and the school? I am writing a letter to the school board (the third one this year) to demand that the suspension be taken off his record and that my complaints against the principal be investigated. However, I am certain the letter will once again be ignored.:mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">