• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job corps lied to me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trishafarnum82

A year at job corps but won't give earned high school credits, can something be done?

My daughter signed up for the job corps at Timberlake Mt. Oregon with their agreement that she would earn high school credits while learning a trade, after a year of doing what was asked, became a leader in many group activities, job corps said they couldn't help her and give her credits she earned So now she's in a regular high school but has to be held back a year and do summer school to maybe graduate by 2017 Can anything be done legally to get those credits she seriously earned and deserves I don't want her to give up she's worked so hard for it?

justalayman

The question is: what system are the credits applicable to? The school generally is going to be the determiner of whether credits earned outside of the school are applicable to their school.

From the link given it is clearly stated the person needs to enroll in the ged/high school completion program that Job Corps offers. Was she enrolled in the high school completion program?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">