• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judicial sanctions (legal advice for school) -

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daniellebeck7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have the option to appeal my sanctions received for smoking marijuana on campus. I'd like to appeal the sanction of parent notification, in which I would be forced to write them a letter. I can appeal by writing a letter and then sending it to Judicial Affairs. I'm refraining from telling my parents, due to the fact we have an already strained relationship, and with this information, they'll cut me off entirely and will no longer speak to me. How would I go about writing this letter? What's considered sufficient reasoning for this sanction, specifically, to be dropped?

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have the option to appeal my sanctions received for smoking marijuana on campus. I'd like to appeal the sanction of parent notification, in which I would be forced to write them a letter. I can appeal by writing a letter and then sending it to Judicial Affairs. I'm refraining from telling my parents, due to the fact we have an already strained relationship, and with this information, they'll cut me off entirely and will no longer speak to me. How would I go about writing this letter? What's considered sufficient reasoning for this sanction, specifically, to be dropped?
Are your parents paying for your school? If so, I think they should be told how you are using the money they are giving you for your education. If you have enough money for pot, you should be able to pay for your own school.

ecmst12

This is not a legal issue, this is a disciplinary policy at your school. The answers to whether and how you can appeal it will be found in that policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">