• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal age to quit school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lmarie39

New York
My son started school this past September at the age of 15. He then turned 16 last October. He went to visit his father (4hours away) on an unscheduled visit, and he refuses to come back home, and his father refuses to bring him back! I have inquired where his father lives and he is not attending school there. Which could be, I have sole legal custody of him, and his father can't register him. The school where he attends has been marking him illegally absent as he is refusing to school. Please, someone who knows the up to date law on legal age to quit school, please tell me. My son is a high honor roll student and is blowing his education. I need to know if I have a leg to stand on to get him back into school.....thanks so much....lin

D

dorenephilpot

Call your son's school and ask. They'll know the answer to your question on the age issue.

Now, as to your ex, you need to file a motion for contempt on your ex as soon as humanly possible.

What he is doing will NOT please the court -- and he'll likely be ordered to pay any attorney fees you have incurred.

Please do not let him get away with this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">