• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal rights in the U.K.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bradley_c

Hello, I am from the U.K. And I am 15 so still in education I would like rock know if a group of people call another group of people a name that descriminises about their appearance and the other group responds with negative consents as well but the group who responds only gets consequences is there a law about both sides getting equal treatment considering the group that got told off was male and the group who did not are female is there any law that defends this or makes it equal in the educational section of the law?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This is a US board, and US and UK law is not the same. We have no experts in UK law here.

Please do not post back and ask what would be the answer in the US (the way so many other posters do). We have both Federal and state laws here, which means there could be as many as 52 different answers, none of which are in any way relevant to UK law.

I believe there are one or two posters who may have links to like forums in the UK.

quincy

Hello, I am from the U.K. And I am 15 so still in education I would like rock know if a group of people call another group of people a name that descriminises about their appearance and the other group responds with negative consents as well but the group who responds only gets consequences is there a law about both sides getting equal treatment considering the group that got told off was male and the group who did not are female is there any law that defends this or makes it equal in the educational section of the law?
Here is a link to a UK legal forum where you can ask your question: http://www.thelawforum.co.uk/

In the US, it generally would not be illegal to make negative comments about another's appearance. However, there are states in the US with anti-bullying laws that will apply to all students, male and female alike. The different schools in the different states address bullying by students in different ways. Depending on the type and extent of the bullying, students could be expelled from school and criminal charges are not unheard of.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">