• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ma, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome patient needs local help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frenchtoast

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts
I need the names of local free legal advice that will take on issues of higher educational law.
I am the victim of discrimination. I am being harassed because of my medical disability. I told a couple of professors about my condition and now they have repeatedly told me that they feel that I should drop out of school. A dean has also said so. They have told me that I am too mentally unstable to attend school. No matter how many times I tell them my condition is not a psychiatric disorder they see the words Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and say otherwise.

I have been put on academic suspension without cause. I have been removed from the rolls as a student without my written consent and when I managed to get myself off suspension and reenrolled I had my federal funding removed. (I fought that too and got it reinstated also.) There are also some menacing emails. I have had some success with several deans and the diversity officer but whenever they intervene one of the professors -the ring leader does something else. The ringleader has the department head in their pocket so that isn't helping me.

This group of teachers and 1 dean are racking up a reputation for disability and learning disability discrimination. I am in a very specialized program and there is only one other in the state almost 3 hours away. I am very close to graduating as I already have a similar bachelor's degree. I can't go into specifics with the subject matter. I have a 3.6 GPA from this school after attending for only one semester and a 3.2 from my other school.
I am filing with the Department of Education but I would like to know if there are free legal services in Massachusetts that will take my case as well.(I have already been to the Mass Human Rights Commission but since reinstating me as a student and getting me into my classes the Commission won't take up my case. I got it resolved before making a complaint with the commission.) The ringleader is also my class teacher and she is giving us too much homework that is all busy work and changing course work and not giving us all the information we need to complete assignments in a timely manner. The work is not even about the subject we are meant to be studying for the class, she just threw out the licensing requirements and is doing her own thing. Every week I have to complain about something she does to me or else something she is doing to the entire class and students are dropping out like flies. The people I complain to are generally responsive but this is too much and I want the class taught next semester with a different teacher so I can graduate and get a job. (-Yes I am well enough to do so. I am supposed to be in recovery although after all this craziness who knows how I'll feel.)
I only have 3 classes to take next semester before student practicum work and I just want to get on with my life. Please suggest some resources that I can use locally. So many free legal services are cutting back these days. Thanks.

ShyCat

I need the names of local free legal advice that will take on issues of higher educational law.
We don't provide attorney referrals. Use the FIND AN ATTORNEY link on these pages, or try contacting your state's bar association.

csi7

Check with your state's disability resources agency for help as well.

I would file an inquiry into the school's compliance with the ADA to the state agency that oversees this-you'll be able to find out which agency on your state website.

Humusluvr

The people I complain to are generally responsive but this is too much and I want the class taught next semester with a different teacher so I can graduate and get a job. (-Yes I am well enough to do so. I am supposed to be in recovery although after all this craziness who knows how I'll feel.)
I only have 3 classes to take next semester before student practicum work and I just want to get on with my life. Please suggest some resources that I can use locally. So many free legal services are cutting back these days. Thanks.
The bolded is very problematic.

You can't dictate who teaches the class. EVER. If you don't want to take the class, then that is your CHOICE. My suggestion, if you think you are well enough, is to play the game, and get done. You don't get to dictate the program, and if you don't like the program or teachers, you are free to leave.

Instead of trying to sue someone, get into some yoga or stress relief classes, or counseling, and get your semester done. Quit complaining, quit trying to use your disability as a crutch or a way to game the system, and get your program done.

You are acting like an entitled brat, which will get you nowhere in life. Especially not employed. So figure out what your profs want, pass your classes, get certified, and get better. That's your choices.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">