• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Messed Up On IEP Testing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aaron1957

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma
I Wander If We Have A Case Against The Guymon,OK School Dist. .My Son Had An IEP Test Done On Him In 2012 At Straight School Which Is Part Of The Guymon Schools,The Test Results Said He Needed Special Needs,The Test Was Given To Him By Another Tester In 2013,and It Was A Different Evlaurator They Said He Was Alright,and Did Not Need Help.Now In 2014 He Had To Go To A Different School,and We Put Him In The Goodwell School,where They Test Him With The IEP Test,and The Same Test That Tested Him In 2012,and The Results Of The Test Stated He Needed Help With School He Is In 7th Grade,and Is At A 3rd grade level In Reading.

I'mTheFather

Did your son ever have an IEP?
Did you attend the IEP meeting and give permission for special services in 2012?
Did you attend the 2013 meeting?

single317dad

http://oklaw.org/resource/what-is-an-iep-individualized-education-progr?ref=JlAR1

Did you ever request mediation or a review hearing after your son was denied an IEP?

What do you hope to accomplish by "having a case against the school district"?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma
I Wander If We Have A Case Against The Guymon,OK School Dist. .My Son Had An IEP Test Done On Him In 2012 At Straight School Which Is Part Of The Guymon Schools,The Test Results Said He Needed Special Needs,The Test Was Given To Him By Another Tester In 2013,and It Was A Different Evlaurator They Said He Was Alright,and Did Not Need Help.Now In 2014 He Had To Go To A Different School,and We Put Him In The Goodwell School,where They Test Him With The IEP Test,and The Same Test That Tested Him In 2012,and The Results Of The Test Stated He Needed Help With School He Is In 7th Grade,and Is At A 3rd grade level In Reading.
How, as a PARENT, did YOU not KNOW that your child was doing so badly in school?

aaron1957

How, as a PARENT, did YOU not KNOW that your child was doing so badly in school?
Yes We Did In 2012,But On The IEP In 2013 Was Done By Another Tester,and They Said He Was Fine,But When We Put Him In The New School They Tester There Said That He Had More Problems.

I'mTheFather

He Has No Disability,He's Having Problem"s In The Processing Time Of Work.
Forgive me if this seems intrusive, but do you know your son's IQ? Without a learning disability, he may not qualify for special ed services. That doesn't mean he doesn't need help, but an IEP is designed to address a student's specific learning deficiencies.

single317dad

Again, I ask:

Did you ever request mediation or a review hearing after your son was denied an IEP?
I ask because that's the process to have his case reviewed. Waiting several years then complaining and suing is not the correct process.

What do you hope to accomplish by "having a case against the school district"?
I ask that because... well, let's hear the answer first.

While OP's communication skills are somewhat lacking, that's not even close to "barely literate".

Silverplum

Please type normally, only using capital letters at the beginning of sentences. It's difficult to read the way you type. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">