• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My High School Credits Got Lost

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W. Guzman

FLORIDA~broward county~I moved to Melbourne from North lauderdale , and while i was living there, I was enrolled at Satellite Beach High School. From the time in between, when I left North Lauderdale Academy, my credits got lost. So now, I am currently 18 and in the 10th grade. I have a lack of courage for working, because this is all repeated. I tried talking to my guidance counselor, but she said all I could do is start everything over. I used to be in all honors classes and I passed with A's and B's. I even have the documents, such as report cards, to prove it. If you have any idea how to help me, please let me know. I will not be graduating for another 3 years, when I should be wrapping up my credits now. By then, I will be too old to graduate, so the school will most likely make me drop out. So, just please write back to inform me, and let me know if you know about anybody else this has happened to and ANYTHING I could do about it.

stephimm

Hope this isn't too late

You do not have to lose your credits. If the school will not accept your copies of the records, make a compaint with FERPA. It is against the law to destroy records without the consent of the parent or the child who is of age 18.

Family Educational Rights And Privacy Act (FERPA)

You may call (202) 260-3887 (voice). Individuals who use TDD may call the Federal Information Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.

Or you may contact us at the following address:

Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20202-5920

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">