• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never received financial aid, never started classes now i owe for tuition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kimmieskier

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Nevada. I enrolled for fall semester at csn, had financial aid pending, selected for verification every week for 3 months they required a new document and this continue till the last day of the semester. I never started my classes because I didnt have funds for the books. Which I told the teachers. Now they say I owe tuition Cuz I didnt withdraw from classes. But they stated that you would you would be purged from your classes for non payment. This docent make sense? If that's what there requiring me to do then I want my financial aid and my loan funds so I csn pay off my tuition.

FlyingRon

What doesn't make sense? You sign up for the classes and don't timely withdraw, you owe the tuition. You don't pay, they will kick you out of the class (if you had bothered to go). You still owe the money in the latter case.

You should not have allowed things to go past the drop-and-get-a-refund date. You have nobody else to blame.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Additionally, most teachers make sure there's a copy of the textbook(s) on reserve at the library.

If you register for class you either attend class or withdraw before the drop deadline. You don't skip class, homework, tests, etc. pending financial aid for textbooks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">