• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private college claiming Jr. College course as its own

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jaywheel

What is the name of your state? Florida

Is this legal? A private college does not offer a needed course required by the school to graduate. It is however offered by the Jr. College that the private school is using as its satellite campus. After 30 credit hours the private college does not allow any more credits from a Jr. College to be transferred in. They will however allow you to pay the private college tuition rate and enroll you in the Jr. College course for 3 times the price and claim the course as theirs. The problem is that it's still a Jr. college course, taught at a Jr. college, by Jr. college instructors, and the class is 90% Jr. College students. Another words, as a Jr. college student I could pay $160.00 for SPC2600 offered in room 100 on Wednesday Night. Now that I am at the Private college and can no longer transfer in Jr. College credits, my only option is to go through the private school to get the credit. They are charging me 450.00 for the same class (SPC2600,room 100 on Wednesday Night). The private school claims this is not a Jr. college credit, yet in reality it is. Can they legally get away with this? Thanks for you opinions

C

coosi

What is the name of your state? Florida

Is this legal? A private college does not offer a needed course required by the school to graduate. It is however offered by the Jr. College that the private school is using as its satellite campus. After 30 credit hours the private college does not allow any more credits from a Jr. College to be transferred in. They will however allow you to pay the private college tuition rate and enroll you in the Jr. College course for 3 times the price and claim the course as theirs. The problem is that it's still a Jr. college course, taught at a Jr. college, by Jr. college instructors, and the class is 90% Jr. College students. Another words, as a Jr. college student I could pay $160.00 for SPC2600 offered in room 100 on Wednesday Night. Now that I am at the Private college and can no longer transfer in Jr. College credits, my only option is to go through the private school to get the credit. They are charging me 450.00 for the same class (SPC2600,room 100 on Wednesday Night). The private school claims this is not a Jr. college credit, yet in reality it is. Can they legally get away with this? Thanks for you opinions

**Yes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">