• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private School Tuition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrJoker

What is the name of your state?I attend a school in Anaheim, California called Westwood College and transferred 45 units when I transferred to the school.

The school started a new program for transfer students that would classify a transfer student as a "Degree Completer" if more than 25 units transferred into the school. In addition to this label, the "Degree Completers" would be charged as an unspecified rate (no rate stated in the catalog).

It turns out that the rate is approximately $100 per unit more than a full time student. In addition the "Degree Completers" are charged per unit instead of a flat amount in a block from 12 to 19 units that the full time students are charged. Last term I received a bill for over $6,000.00 for taking 21.5 units. Where as a full time student, I would only be charged approximately $3,700.00 for 21.5 units.

The school never specified the exact amount they were to charge me when I was registering as they only said they have to see what will transfer. I have protested this to the school president, and he never contacted me after stating he would “look into it and get back with” me.

There are currently 12 students labeled as "Degree Completers" and of the 12 of us, I believe I am the only one fully aware of how bad this label really is, as I am the only one to take more than 12 units in a term.

Any advice that you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">