• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems with my High School Diploma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bryanbush30

Bryan Bush Va

On August 13, 2004, I received my HSD from the Cleveland Job Corps center. Recently I tried to go to collage and was told that my HSD was not accredited. That was news to me because I was told that 4 or 5 times in the center. Comes to find out that the program was run by a 3rd party school. This "school" was registered with the Ohio Department of Education but not accredited. Seeing that this is a government run center(department of labor) and they are suppose to be accredited. Now my problem is I called the center, the regional office, and their DOL office in DC, and I was told the same thing "we'll forward your complaint and we will call you back again." Is there anything I can do besides waiting for a call that I am not going to get?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Bryan Bush Va

On August 13, 2004, I received my HSD from the Cleveland Job Corps center. Recently I tried to go to collage and was told that my HSD was not accredited. That was news to me because I was told that 4 or 5 times in the center. Comes to find out that the program was run by a 3rd party school. This "school" was registered with the Ohio Department of Education but not accredited. Seeing that this is a government run center(department of labor) and they are suppose to be accredited. Now my problem is I called the center, the regional office, and their DOL office in DC, and I was told the same thing "we'll forward your complaint and we will call you back again." Is there anything I can do besides waiting for a call that I am not going to get?
You can get a GED.

Humusluvr

Bryan Bush Va

From their website:

Cleveland Job Corps: Frequently Asked Questions

Can Cleveland Job Corps help me get into college after I graduate from the program?
We have cooperative agreements with community colleges or related institutions to teach career area courses or to have individual students take courses to gain college credit. We can work with students to help them transfer into college programs when appropriate.
Maybe the college is mistaken? What does the college tell you?

You might speak to a counselor at the jobs center to help get you into the college. You may also want to look at a different college.

bryanbush30

Actually after I sent their head office a nice letter detailing my problem and that I am seeking legal actions and talking to the press, they called me and told told me that they are reviewing my transcripts and they will see what we can work out. I might have to take a few classes( only needed 6 credits). But thanks for any input.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">