• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public School/ Bus Fee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stacyg2

What is the name of your state? MA

I need some information, My son goes to public school and I have recieved a bill from the school for $180, this bill is a charge for students to ride the school bus. This is the first year my town has tried to charge for this. Being it a public school and the cost of bussing was included in the school buget, can they legally charge every student to ride the bus?
Thank you for any information in advance.
Stacy

D

dorenephilpot

If everyone is being assessed the same fee, then the charge is probably OK, unless there is some law that prohibits add-on fees.

My guess is that that issue was properly researched and found to be legal before it was put into place, though.

If you want to be sure, ask a lawyer in your state. Most offer free initial consultations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">