• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public University Violated internal Regulations and Wrongly Accused Student

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JusticeMatters

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hello All,

I am looking for the right answer or legal solution to the following questions:

1- Does a US public university have a protected right or authority to violate one of its campus-wide or school-wide competition regulations(or interpret a school’s competition regulations in the opposite way of the true meaning of the statements written as regulations) in a way that it put a student in a disadvantaged position to compete?
2- Is there a strong legal support provided by federal or state for a student who has been treated unfairly in this situation?

My university’ employees acted unfairly towards me in a school’s competition by wrongly accusing me of violating a competition regulation, and not proving their accusation. Their accusation was incorrect, and by doing so, they violated the same regulations: They banned something that was permitted in their regulations. Every time that I had a grievance about it, they suppressed any discussion about the proof of their wrong accusation, provided false reasoning to justify their wrong accusation instead of proving it, and acted unfair toward my grievances.

In the first step of my grievance before the competition, I realized that school employees chose unfairness and comfort instead of welcoming the challenge of investigating and identifying a simple truth (which was about learning the meaning of two semi-technical words used in the regulations), or the courage of admitting the wrongness of their accusation, while at the beginning, staying fair had no cost for them.

Also, during the grievances before and after the competition, I identified alarming signs of confidence and feeling secured in school employees while they were supporting “unfairness” and “unaccountability”. Therefore, I decided to seek justice and learn more about student’s rights. My main intention of following this grievance is clarifying the importance of “internalizing” accountability, critical thinking, ethical values, fairness, sound judgment, and justice for my school, especially in their hiring process for the schools’ positions of trust and privilege, preventing them from supporting unaccountability and unfairness, and also finding a way to “secure” fairness and core ethical values at a public university as much as possible.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You again.

Okay, let's make sure this is entirely clear this time.

1.) Yes

2.) No

JusticeMatters

Which Legislators Has Given a Public University the Authority to Stay Unaccountable?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hello All,

I am looking for the right answer or legal solution to the following questions:

1- Does a US public university have a protected right or authority to violate one of its campus-wide or school-wide competition regulations(or interpret a school’s competition regulations in the opposite way of the true meaning of the statements written as regulations) in a way that it put a student in a disadvantaged position to compete?
2- Is there a strong legal support provided by federal or state for a student who has been treated unfairly in this situation?

My university’ employees acted unfairly towards me in a school’s competition by wrongly accusing me of violating a competition regulation, and not proving their accusation. Their accusation was incorrect, and by doing so, they violated the same regulations: They banned something that was permitted in their regulations. Every time that I had a grievance about it, they suppressed any discussion about the proof of their wrong accusation, provided false reasoning to justify their wrong accusation instead of proving it, and acted unfair toward my grievances.

In the first step of my grievance before the competition, I realized that school employees chose unfairness and comfort instead of welcoming the challenge of investigating and identifying a simple truth (which was about learning the meaning of two semi-technical words used in the regulations), or the courage of admitting the wrongness of their accusation, while at the beginning, staying fair had no cost for them.

Also, during the grievances before and after the competition, I identified alarming signs of confidence and feeling secured in school employees while they were supporting “unfairness” and “unaccountability”. Therefore, I decided to seek justice and learn more about student’s rights. My main intention of following this grievance is clarifying the importance of “internalizing” accountability, critical thinking, ethical values, fairness, sound judgment, and justice for my school, especially in their hiring process for the schools’ positions of trust and privilege, preventing them from supporting unaccountability and unfairness, and also finding a way to “secure” fairness and core ethical values at a public university as much as possible.

Thanks.

If the answer to question 1 is yes, it means that a public university have the right to violate its regulations and as a result be unaccountable and unfair. So, the next question would be:
Who/which legislators/which part of the government has given a public university the authority to be unfair and unaccountable?

Proserpina

If the answer to question 1 is yes, it means that a public university have the right to violate its regulations and as a result be unaccountable and unfair. So, the next question would be:
Who/which legislators/which part of the government has given a public university the authority to be unfair and unaccountable?
You seem to believe that "unfair" means "legally in the wrong".

Why is that?

quincy

Here is a good guide that might answer the questions you pose here, the guide a product of the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE): https://www.thefire.org/fire-guides/fire-guide-to-due-process-and-campus-justice/fires-guide-to-due-process-and-fair-procedure-on-campus-full-text/

I have no idea what your actual concern is but I have a feeling I shouldn't ask. :)

Proserpina

Here is a good guide that might answer the questions you pose here, the guide a product of the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE): https://www.thefire.org/fire-guides/fire-guide-to-due-process-and-campus-justice/fires-guide-to-due-process-and-fair-procedure-on-campus-full-text/

I have no idea what your actual concern is but I have a feeling I shouldn't ask. :)

Your
gut is a very reliable gauge - always trust it ;)

Yeeah that sounded a bit creepy, didn't it? Awkward. Sorry 'bout that. :D

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That part of the government which has NOT passed a law that prohibits a university from ever making an exception to their policies or which requires that the university have the same interpretation of the policy as your self-serving one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">