• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A question about laws and dismissals

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frenchtoast

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I was the victim of severe harassment. After trying to go through the university's complaint system I ended up using the Board of Higher Education and other agencies. I have had false charges made against me and dismissed from my school. I was there for 18 months and I had a B+ average. I would like to use these grades at future schools. I was told by a secretary from the Office for Civil Rights in Boston that as long as they put this information on every transcript then they could put a dismissal note on mine as well. (I was not able to speak to an attorney there. That may come after a month or so.) Is this really true? Could I possibly use the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 to have the dismissal suppressed so long as I ask for it in writing? Has that law ever been used in that manner?
I don't want to rehash the dismissal. I am consulting with private attorneys on it but so few practice in this area of law. Please state any precedences that I can use to suppress this dismissal. I will be fighting this but I need to apply to other schools fast so the sooner I have some info the better.

PQN

Most schools are going to require the transcripts from every college you attended, including this one. I would suggest ordering a transcript sent to a friends house so that you can see what is actually on the transcript before you worry about how to surpress it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">