• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received diploma but school transcript says no

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kosher

Hi,

I have the same kind of issue as the original poster but my problem is a little more complex.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/education-law-47/son-graduated-high-school-but-not-given-diploma-441538-p2.html

I started out at my town high school in Colorado and finished my senior year with a PE credit and foreign language credit remaining so I then decided to take my credits from a charter school just down the street to finish my diploma. I walked with my class, finished my final exit presentation, and received a copy of my diploma (signed by the superintendent and principle of the charter school) and went on with my life.

Fast forward to age 30. I decided to go back to school to complete my degree in computer science and mathematics. I requested financial aid and the application was denied due to no GED or diploma. The college financial aid office said that my high school transcript did not contain wording on my transcript to prove I graduated, nor could they verify my graduation with my school district administrative office.

I sent an email to the superintendent at my old district and they told me that my advisor at the charter school did not put that I graduated on my transcript. The charter school has since been closed and I have no way to obtain the record.

The other issue is that, like many of you, I used my diploma for a door stop or something and unable to locate the physical paper. I believe I may have accidentally put it in with an old pile of books that got donated or thrown away while moving.

I do not want to bring this into the courtroom but it appears that there was major error on my school districts part. I have also recently had employers say that they are unable to verify my high school graduation. This is affecting my future.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">