• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Residential Treatment Facility & "Approved" School

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mrs.Wright

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I hope that this is the right place to ask these questions,,,
My son is attending an approved school while attending an RTF for Behavioral/Emotional Disorder. My question is WHO is legally responsible for the ongoings while he is AT the school? There has been several incidents that have gone unreported by the school. They have failed to notify me, as well as the RTF. There have been staff/teachers that have picked my child up by the front of his shirt off of the ground, resulting in scratches to his face and neck from this "staff" members rings, another incident, the "staff" member had physically picked him up, carried him to another room, and out of frustration, shoved my son into a wall hard enough to knock him over and he had a large raised bump on his head. During these things other staff persons were in the room and did not assist. The releases that i signed for my son to attend this school ect. stated that I allow restraints under the circumstances that my son was intending to hurt himself or others ONLY. During these incidents, there was no physical aggression, or harming of himself. What are the "approved" or legal restraints that these people are allowed to use? I just think that being physically aggressive towards a child is inappropriate action, should there be a protocal in place for restraints?? Limitations? A procedure for contacting the parents to notify of any physical harm? The RTF has notified Childline, but I dont know what are the reasonable expectations at this point.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Complain to the school administrators and remove your child from that treatment facility due to the abuse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">