• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

right to life saving meds denied?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

I am wondering if I could get some assistance in a letter I am writing to my daughter’s school. Here is a little background.

Daughter has life threatening seizure disorder. Home school was unable to provide FAPE so I fought and she is now being educated in a private facility 1.5 hours away. She takes a locked medicine box with a narcotic, Dr. Order and plan of action inside in case she has seizure on van, the paramedics can administer the life saving drug on the spot.

This year when the new order was needed the home school nurse faxed the form to the Dr. and he faxed it back to her. (Her Dr. is 1.5 hours away so running it back and forth would be a bit of an issue). When the school nurse received it she faxed it on to an administrator who has given us LOADS of problems in the past, per his request. He said he would send it to transportation and I could sign it and put in box with meds on first day of school.

First day of school, no Dr. Order. She went to school with the meds but no order.

This is the letter I am writing to his supervisor, superintendant of education, and the MD board of Ed.

Is this appropriate?

I am writing in regard to my daughter ¬¬¬¬¬-----. I would like to make a formal complaint against Mr. Idiot.

Last week I spoke with Nurse --- regarding the Doctor Order for her medication which is transported with her on the van. Her physician, Dr. --- from John’s Hopkins, faxed the order for the current year to Nurse --- who received the fax, and then faxed it on to Mr. Idiot. Mr. Idiot asked Nurse --- to send it to him. I was assured that Mr. Idiot would forward it on to Mr. ---, the head of transportation, so the aid would have it for me to sign the morning before they went to her private education facility. The aid did not have it. Nurse --- fortunately kept a copy which was faxed directly to the private education facility and they sent it home with her for my signature, but I am very dismayed at the irresponsibility of Mr. Idiot in regard to the order for this life saving medication. If my daughter had required it before the order was faxed and it had my signature, it could have had life threatening consequences. Mr. Idiot’s inability to do his job could have cost my daughter her life. I believe her rights have been violated and that Mr. Idiot has done harm to my daughter. I do not want him to have any further contact with anything regarding her education.

Sincerely,
Special MomWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

xylene

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

I am wondering if I could get some assistance in a letter I am writing to my daughter’s school. Here is a little background.

Daughter has life threatening seizure disorder. Home school was unable to provide FAPE so I fought and she is now being educated in a private facility 1.5 hours away. She takes a locked medicine box with a narcotic, Dr. Order and plan of action inside in case she has seizure on van, the paramedics can administer the life saving drug on the spot.

This year when the new order was needed the home school nurse faxed the form to the Dr. and he faxed it back to her. (Her Dr. is 1.5 hours away so running it back and forth would be a bit of an issue). When the school nurse received it she faxed it on to an administrator who has given us LOADS of problems in the past, per his request. He said he would send it to transportation and I could sign it and put in box with meds on first day of school.

First day of school, no Dr. Order. She went to school with the meds but no order.

This is the letter I am writing to his supervisor, superintendant of education, and the MD board of Ed.

Is this appropriate?

I am writing in regard to my daughter ¬¬¬¬¬-----. I would like to make a formal complaint against Mr. Idiot.

Last week I spoke with Nurse --- regarding the Doctor Order for her medication which is transported with her on the van. Her physician, Dr. --- from John’s Hopkins, faxed the order for the current year to Nurse --- who received the fax, and then faxed it on to Mr. Idiot. Mr. Idiot asked Nurse --- to send it to him. I was assured that Mr. Idiot would forward it on to Mr. ---, the head of transportation, so the aid would have it for me to sign the morning before they went to her private education facility. The aid did not have it. Nurse --- fortunately kept a copy which was faxed directly to the private education facility and they sent it home with her for my signature, but I am very dismayed at the irresponsibility of Mr. Idiot in regard to the order for this life saving medication. If my daughter had required it before the order was faxed and it had my signature, it could have had life threatening consequences. Mr. Idiot’s inability to do his job could have cost my daughter her life. I believe her rights have been violated and that Mr. Idiot has done harm to my daughter. I do not want him to have any further contact with anything regarding her education.

Sincerely,
Special MomWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
What are you asking.

You have no legal claim, as nothing happened and no injury occured.

Expressing your displeasure is your right. Continue to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">