• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights Of Student Vs Rights Of High School

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LADYBUGG

What is the name of your state? CA
My 17 yr old son briefly (about a month) dated a girl he goes to school with several months ago. He broke up with her due to her drinking and partying-things my son is not interested in. He is currently dating someone else. However, he has several classes with the old girlfriend. Since the old girlfriend found this out she has been telling other classmates that they had sex, he is not good in bed, that he is "small in size", that the new girlfriend is ugly and fat and he wants her back. My son told me this about a week ago and we had a long discussion and he assured me that they didnt have sex, and I believe him. I advised him not to say anything back to her or anyone else about her. Just ignore it.
Today my son came home angry and frustrated. He said the school counselor called him into the office and the old girlfriend was already there. The counselor wanted to know if they had sex and if my son was telling people about the things they supposedly did. He told her no and gave the names of people who could verify it was her spreading rumors. The counselor said he was not allowed to leave until the issue was resolved. He asked for her to call his witnesses out of class and she stated there was no need to involve others. In the duration fo her questioning my son ,the girl blurted out that she had infact been saying things about him to other people, however, the counselor continued to bager my son. He asked for her to call me and if there were problems or issues to speak with me about it, she told him no. After bieng there for about an hour she let him go (this was during his second period).
At his fourth period he was called back into the office and kept again for about an hour, but this time he was interrogated by the girl, the (female) counselor, and two (female) teachers. He told them two different times to call me and they said there was no need to involve me, he aslo requested to be allowed to go back to class since this was all behind stuiped high school games. They told him no. While they were baggering him the girl told him, infornt of the counselor and two teachers, she still had feelings for him. Not once did anyone of authority think or feel it necessary to stop the baggering and get this girl some counseling. My son also stated that one of the teachers told the girl she was known for having a bad reputation. My son once again asked to leave. He was told the only way he could leave is if he agreed to not speak about his new girlfriend when this girl was present. My son agreed to do so only so he could get out of there.
1. Is it legal for them to hold him against his will, especially over some BULL SH#@?
2. What right do they have to tell my son he cannot talk about his current girlfriend?, just so as not to hurt the feelings of a psycho.
3. If my son requested for them to contact me, arent they supposed to do so?
Your advice is greatly appreciated.

seniorjudge

LADYBUGG said:
What is the name of your state? CA
My 17 yr old son briefly (about a month) dated a girl he goes to school with several months ago. He broke up with her due to her drinking and partying-things my son is not interested in. He is currently dating someone else. However, he has several classes with the old girlfriend. Since the old girlfriend found this out she has been telling other classmates that they had sex, he is not good in bed, that he is "small in size", that the new girlfriend is ugly and fat and he wants her back. My son told me this about a week ago and we had a long discussion and he assured me that they didnt have sex, and I believe him. I advised him not to say anything back to her or anyone else about her. Just ignore it.
Today my son came home angry and frustrated. He said the school counselor called him into the office and the old girlfriend was already there. The counselor wanted to know if they had sex and if my son was telling people about the things they supposedly did. He told her no and gave the names of people who could verify it was her spreading rumors. The counselor said he was not allowed to leave until the issue was resolved. He asked for her to call his witnesses out of class and she stated there was no need to involve others. In the duration fo her questioning my son ,the girl blurted out that she had infact been saying things about him to other people, however, the counselor continued to bager my son. He asked for her to call me and if there were problems or issues to speak with me about it, she told him no. After bieng there for about an hour she let him go (this was during his second period).
At his fourth period he was called back into the office and kept again for about an hour, but this time he was interrogated by the girl, the (female) counselor, and two (female) teachers. He told them two different times to call me and they said there was no need to involve me, he aslo requested to be allowed to go back to class since this was all behind stuiped high school games. They told him no. While they were baggering him the girl told him, infornt of the counselor and two teachers, she still had feelings for him. Not once did anyone of authority think or feel it necessary to stop the baggering and get this girl some counseling. My son also stated that one of the teachers told the girl she was known for having a bad reputation. My son once again asked to leave. He was told the only way he could leave is if he agreed to not speak about his new girlfriend when this girl was present. My son agreed to do so only so he could get out of there.
1. Is it legal for them to hold him against his will, especially over some BULL SH#@?
2. What right do they have to tell my son he cannot talk about his current girlfriend?, just so as not to hurt the feelings of a psycho.
3. If my son requested for them to contact me, arent they supposed to do so?
Your advice is greatly appreciated.

double post

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=318578

joannarae22

ends up with expulsion

I must reply to this post simply because my nephew is going through the same thing, just about, here in PA. My nephew is dating a wealthy spoiled brat in my eyes whose parents don't feel he is worthy of. This has brought so much torture to this kids high school years. These aweful parents have decided that everything that their "little precious" has done wrong lately is the result of her dating my nephew. It has gotten to the point of the whole Faculty at their "Catholic School" bullying this poor kid around just because her parents have the right last name and he doesn't. Their money spends better, I suppose. The girlfriend's whole family is baggering my nephew. Her Aunt was at the school calling him all sorts of vulgar names and screaming in his face. The next morning he was expelled from school. With not one threat to his parents, not one letter, not one phone call, nothing. His mother went through many conversations with this little priss's mother about them pressing the Restraining Order on him if they continued to see each other. The fact is, there littl girl is growing up and wanting to make her own choices and the parents are truly losing their minds over it. The more they push her the further away she goes. But it destroyed my nephew's life. This will forever be in his history. What does $15,000.00 get you today? Not an education, unless you have the appropriate last name!
I feel for you and your son, my thoughts and prayers are with you and I truly hope everything works out for his best interest. It sounds to me like he is an intellegent boy and made the right decision when leaving her!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">