• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School Not Helping Me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fanely

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
Alright so this is gonna be a long one,
At the beggening of the year my parents took my off my focus/sleeping meds to see if i could "learn" easier on my own without the focus meds.
Also tried cyber school this year. 3 outta the 4 nine weeks. Well there is a lot of mix up between teachers, myself and the school.
But it basically came down to me failing two classes, On my half and some on the teacher. The teacher didn't provide enough information and specifics on projects for me to complete them, i did my best and got responses of "this isn't right" so i asked where did you state for me todo "this" and then she would reply 3 DAYS LATER... And the classes where just a mess so i stopped turning in assignments because i wasn't given enough information. A teacher would give me a link to read an article not written by herself, and for me being a visual learning not reading something it's just to much to read an article not precise with the material. And yes i know some if my fault and some is hers. But i tried my best and she would say things like "too brief no indication of research" but i am not required to show my skill set as if i read the whole article i don't need to show every single part i read in an assignment. ALL OF my tests where 100% but there is some test SHE WOULDN'T LET ME MAKE UP with legitimate sickness excuses. I know it's cyber school, but it should be treated as "Absent" regardless if it is cyber school. But now it's the end of school and I've emailed my counselor and school administrator to PUT ME in Summer Classes, I am willing to pay the amount needed to re-do the course. I put the request in 1 month and a few days ahead of the end of the school year. That's plenty of time to sort stuff out on there end. Now it's the last 2 days of school and i have been told "Working on it" a week ago, And my e-mails haven't been replied too... But i haven't been enrolled in any courses.
Proof of e-mails.
Her last reply was, 5/16/2013 2:03 AM
I first inquired on Friday, April 26, 2013 11:16 AM
And there was a reply some where between 5/16 and April 26 but i haven't heard back..
Basically i'm asking if the school doesn't let me take summer classes. Can they hold me back? AM i ALLOWED to REQUEST ALL EXTRA CLASSES Next year?
I'm not a stupid student. I get 95% on every test, i do most of my homework. I'm a tech student so i spend a-lot of time freelancing and doing other things, I'm working on our schools cloud platform. This year is just a mess for me...
I'm in 10th grade.
Thanks to all replies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">