• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School won't enroll my doughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anakry

My doughter moved to me and my wife from Russia. We are in California. In Russia she didn't finish school and we went to Burbank high school to enroll her. They made us fill out all the paper work. Then she took English test. They said, that the next day they will give her her sceduole and she can start with her classes. The same day they called us and said that she can not be enrolled to school because of her age. She was born on November 13, 1997. We tryed to ask the district for any official letter, where they will say, that they refuse to take her to scoop, but they don't give us anything. They showd us their Enterance ages for school year 2014-2015. Latest birthday enrollment in: grade 12 is age 17 by 12-2-13. School sent us to adult education school, but they won't take her because she is 17. Can you please tell us if it is legal for school to do that. And if you have any suggestions for us.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My doughter moved to me and my wife from Russia. We are in California. In Russia she didn't finish school and we went to Burbank high school to enroll her. They made us fill out all the paper work. Then she took English test. They said, that the next day they will give her her sceduole and she can start with her classes. The same day they called us and said that she can not be enrolled to school because of her age. She was born on November 13, 1997. We tryed to ask the district for any official letter, where they will say, that they refuse to take her to scoop, but they don't give us anything. They showd us their Enterance ages for school year 2014-2015. Latest birthday enrollment in: grade 12 is age 17 by 12-2-13. School sent us to adult education school, but they won't take her because she is 17. Can you please tell us if it is legal for school to do that. And if you have any suggestions for us.
I suggest that you contact the school district and ask them how to get her enrolled in the adult school that Burbank High School referred her to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">