• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual harassment or sexual assult??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alireep

What is the name of your state? minnesota
My daughter is the 2nd grade and a few days ago i found out that she has been having trouble with another little boy in her class. her and a another girl in her class. this little boy has been grabbing there vagina's and pinching thier butts. he has also tried to talk to them about sex and said things like suck my balls to them. these things have happened in the classroom, lunch room, line to the bathroom and at recess. the school has talked with all three and basically did nothing. they said that they informed the parents of the little boy and thats all they will do. All I am asking is that the boy be removed from my daughters class and that the other parents be told of the situation. Do I have any rights?? I have read the school hand book and the things this boy has done fall in a grey area between assult and harassment. please help!!!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It is very unlikely that the other parents will be told of this incident - it's probably against school policy.

If there have been no incidents since the parents/child were talked to, there is likely nothing you can do. If it happens again, I would probably get in touch with an attorney and let him/her handle it with the school. That should spur them to some further action.

C

CTSCAM

I don’t know exactly what your specific schools handbook says but in all of my schools harassment was a zero tolerance issue. Even when one of my friends was accidentally cut in the ear by another kid in the class, the kid was suspended. However, if the situation is more sever, which in this case it is, a student faced the possibility of being expelled. In this case I would consider consulting an attorney to see what your options are in ensuring that this doesn’t happen again, since this is a pretty serious problem nowadays (Mr. I’m always liable).

HomeGuru

CTSCAM said:
I don’t know exactly what your specific schools handbook says but in all of my schools harassment was a zero tolerance issue. Even when one of my friends was accidentally cut in the ear by another kid in the class, the kid was suspended. However, if the situation is more sever, which in this case it is, a student faced the possibility of being expelled. In this case I would consider consulting an attorney to see what your options are in ensuring that this doesn’t happen again, since this is a pretty serious problem nowadays (Mr. I’m always liable).

**A: yes, a cut in the ear or the cutting of an ear would have made it a more sever case indeed.

H

hmmbrdzz

Grabbing body parts is assault. The school should intercede on your behalf. And you should not need an attorney to have this problem addressed by the proper school authorities. It is NOT against school policy to advise that kid's parents of behavior like this. Geez. Go back to the school and advise them of the behavior and tell them you will not tolerate it and want it resolved. Have a letter prepared with a description of your complaint and what remedy you want. If they don't address the problem, take it to the next level -- the school board. Of course you can get an attorney, but you do not need an attorney to turn someone's head on this. This is against school policy, and this kid's behavior is prohibited even if he is only 8 yrs old -- or perhaps he's failed second grade about 3 times and is 12 years old. I don't know, but regardless of his age -- it's prohibited.

hmmbrdzz

alireep said:
What is the name of your state? minnesota
My daughter is the 2nd grade and a few days ago i found out that she has been having trouble with another little boy in her class. her and a another girl in her class. this little boy has been grabbing there vagina's and pinching thier butts. he has also tried to talk to them about sex and said things like suck my balls to them. these things have happened in the classroom, lunch room, line to the bathroom and at recess. the school has talked with all three and basically did nothing. they said that they informed the parents of the little boy and thats all they will do. All I am asking is that the boy be removed from my daughters class and that the other parents be told of the situation. Do I have any rights?? I have read the school hand book and the things this boy has done fall in a grey area between assult and harassment. please help!!!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Re: Re: sexual harassment or sexual assult??

hmmbrdzz said:
It is NOT against school policy to advise that kid's parents of behavior like this. Geez.
Noone said it was against school policy to inform *that kid's* parents. But it may well be against school policy to advise other kids' parents - especially if it includes the child's name.

H

hmmbrdzz

If 2nd grade girls are being grabbed in their vaginal and butt area by a little boy who is asking them to suck his balls and this is brought to the attention of the school authorites by a complaining parent of one of the girls, the school is responsible to investigate and to inform the children's parents if it believed that assault / harassment has occurred. It is not "probably" against school policy for school authorities to advise a parent that their child is believed to have been the victim of an incident of possible sexual assault / harassment or to further inform the parent who has been accused of the assault / harassment. The parents of this girl can do something. One incident is enough to do something. The parent does not need an attorney to do something to "spur" action by the school in order to get this behavior stopped. It is unacceptable and prohibited.

hmmbrdzz

Quote:
It is very unlikely that the other parents will be told of this incident - it's probably against school policy.

If there have been no incidents since the parents/child were talked to, there is likely nothing you can do. If it happens again, I would probably get in touch with an attorney and let him/her handle it with the school. That should spur them to some further action.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I think it's a difference of interpretation. I understand the poster to say that she wants *all* the parents of the students in the class to be notified. And a school generally cannot do that.

M

Multimom

The school can't notify the parents but this mom can tell anyone she wants to and I think she should.

Also, if the school won't do anything, go to the school board, if they don't move, go to the Department of Protective and Regulatory Services. Any 8 year old kid who is acting in this fashion is either being abused or is observing this behavior by someone else.

My guess either a step dad or a boyfriend towards the boys mother. This type of behavior by an 8 year old is classic of abused kids.

In a situation like this, my policy is tell any and tell all who will listen!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">