• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander by teacher against student

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well, it *could* be that the student being slandered is from the Philippines and attending school in the US. Or maybe the teacher doing the alleged slandering is from the Philippines. Or maybe they both are. Kinda hard to tell with the original post, eh?

JETX

Or maybe the teacher said.... "Are you from the Phillipines?"
Or maybe they meant "Are you a Philistine?"
Or maybe they meant "Are you from Palestine?"
Or maybe they meant "You are full of beans"
Or maybe......

Sorry...

Sorry, I accdidentally posted without pasting my pre-typed message. Before anything else, this is not really something I want legal action on - It's just that I didn't know what else to do and who to ask about this.

A professor at my university told one of her classes that I had cheated during her final exams. (I was under her around a year ago.) Students from that class rushed up to me to tell me what they heard and from what I understand, she said my name wholly and maliciously. I'm familiar to most people in and out of campus so word has spread. I did not cheat during any exam and even if I did, that totally violates student-teacher confidentiality, right? I just feel so bad that she did such a thing.

I have forwarded a letter to the chair of her department, and i'm a bit scared since she's their pride and prodigy. I'm sure she can really turn things around on me. What's my best defense? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">