• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Student punished because parent complained

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CALLEY

What is the name of your state? NC
14 year old son was suspended for disruptive behavior by blowing his nose too loud in math class. I have that in writing! I complained the punishment was severe, he was punished further by having to go to meetings with counselor after suspension and indefinitely suspended if behavior continued. His father (we're divorced) was called and told if I disputed the suspension the Board of Ed will investigate our custody rights and he may loose priveleges. He's an A student in class, the only minority (spanish). Has Dr. note of history of severe asthma, allergies and sinus. Help

A

amc822

Do you have a representative from the Board of Education for your district? If you do contact them. I'd be very worried about dealing with school administrators who are threatening you with custody issues. Write down what was said, when and by whom.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">