• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Student VISA for Public High School Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SPrice26

I have a question that I really need help with. My boss' 16 yr old neice is planning to come over here with her father from Singapore this December. The father is coming over here with a tourist VISA. My question is: what form of VISA will she need in order to begin studying in a public High School, specifically in Milpitas, California? Most of the online help I have read mentions the I-20, but unfortunately, the Milpitas Unified School District does not welcome and will not process the I-20. I also heard from another source that she will not need any form of VISA because she is a minor.

Would someone please help me settle this and let me know the proper form of VISA, if any, for her to apply. I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much.

-Henry

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">