• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taxation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RTT

The city took over the county school in 2015, I received tax notices today on 10-05-2015 for my property taxes to be paid by 11-16-2015. The City nor the School has provided any notifications. My property taxes are included in my home payments monthly. Am I being double taxed for the same property? Also why haven't the tax payers been notified of any school board meetings or elections.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
The city took over the county school in 2015, I received tax notices today on 10-05-2015 for my property taxes to be paid by 11-16-2015. The City nor the School has provided any notifications. My property taxes are included in my home payments monthly. Am I being double taxed for the same property? Also why haven't the tax payers been notified of any school board meetings or elections.
No, you're not being double-taxed. More than likely, the holder of your mortgage got the same notice. You can always contact the mortgage holder and double-check.

As far as the school board, call them and ask your questions. :cool:

RTT

We can't ever answer "why" questions. We aren't mind readers.
"Why"? Just because I don't have children attending the school doesn't mean I don't get to know when there are school board elections to where I don't have a vote or say to where or how my tax dollars are spent?!?! That's what's wrong with the system today, tax payers are not informed of what's going on and they don't speak up. Who pays these salaries? The tax payers!!!

Proserpina

"Why"? Just because I don't have children attending the school doesn't mean I don't get to know when there are school board elections to where I don't have a vote or say to where or how my tax dollars are spent?!?! That's what's wrong with the system today, tax payers are not informed of what's going on and they don't speak up. Who pays these salaries? The tax payers!!!
And you are a resident of which state?

I don't believe you actually understood what SilverPlum said, either.

RTT

And you are a resident of which state?

I don't believe you actually understood what SilverPlum said, either.
MISSISSIPPI
Apparently I didn't understand silverplum's comment, didn't realize it would take a simple answer instead of addressing the profession as not being mind readers.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
We can't ever answer "why" questions. We aren't mind readers.
MISSISSIPPI
Apparently I didn't understand silverplum's comment, didn't realize it would take a simple answer instead of addressing the profession as not being mind readers.
That's the question SP was answering. All clear now? :cool:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Oh, for heaven's sake! When/where meetings or elections are held is public information. Most of this information is likely found on your municipality's website. If you're old enough and intelligent enough to vote, you should know how to get that information.

Be responsible for your own knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">