• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transfer scholarships and GPA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Micro09

I recently transferred with an Assocciates degree. On it I had a 3.64 GPA and was awarded a transfer scholarship based on that GPA. My first semester at the new University I earned a 3.91 GPA. My GPA at the new University now is a 3.51 after that semester was calculated in and they won't change it. They said that religion credits don't transfer and I am now on probation for my scholarship. They didn't explain this before and it is very difficult to find on their website. This affects my scholarship, education, future employement, and has caused a lot of stress. Can I sue?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I recently transferred with an Assocciates degree. On it I had a 3.64 GPA and was awarded a transfer scholarship based on that GPA. My first semester at the new University I earned a 3.91 GPA. My GPA at the new University now is a 3.51 after that semester was calculated in and they won't change it. They said that religion credits don't transfer and I am now on probation for my scholarship. They didn't explain this before and it is very difficult to find on their website. This affects my scholarship, education, future employement, and has caused a lot of stress. Can I sue?
You can sue because anyone can sue anybody for anything. But you won't win.

Just Blue

You can sue because anyone can sue anybody for anything. But you won't win.
In the United States. Are you sure this is the case with OP?

Micro09
Transfer scholarships and GPA

Color me :eek: if there is something to clarify a state or country.:)

Micro09

I don't understand how a University can award a GPA based scholarship and then alter the GPA afterwards.

ecmst12

And it won't affect your future employment, no one cares about your GPA after you graduate. Being on probation just means they are watching you. If you earn another 3.9 this semester, which clearly you are capable of, you have no problems.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">