• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Truancy is PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sdn123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

My son is 17 and has a history with truancy. He has been doing really well this year but recently had a few excused absences and was late a few times but is now back in school. The school has set up an IEP meeting and wants to institute a truancy prevention plan and possibly send him to the diakon weekend alternative program again. My question is can they do any of these things since he is 17 now?

Last edited:

Eekamouse

He's still a minor so why wouldn't they? Do you not want him to do that program again for some reason?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

My son is 17 and has a history with truancy. He has been doing really well this year but recently had a few excused absences and was late a few times but is now back in school. The school has set up an IEP meeting and wants to institute a truancy prevention plan and possibly send him to the diakon weekend alternative program again. My question is can they do any of these things since he is 17 now?
He's still a minor and not spot-on with attendance, so.... of course they can do it. As a parent, you should welcome their help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">