• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tuition refund for the lack of a class provided by the school...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sm876

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I am in a bachelor's program in PA at an accredited university. It is a 11 week semester.

We had two days of classes for one of our classes before our midterm, in week 4 (Which our professor did not teach us the material because she did not understand it). The day before our midterm, we learned through various sources that our teacher was no longer our teacher. We went to the midterm, were told to take it to the best of our ability and it was proctored by the dean.

We still had no information regarding the new professor. We eventually learned that our new professor did not have the time to teach the class and it would be an online class. Now, in week 6, we still have yet to learn any educational material pertaining to the subject and there are numerous technical difficulties. We don't even have a textbook. I want a tuition refund for this class - is that possible?

Silverplum

I am in a bachelor's program in PA at an accredited university. It is a 11 week semester.

We had two days of classes for one of our classes before our midterm, in week 4 (Which our professor did not teach us the material because she did not understand it). The day before our midterm, we learned through various sources that our teacher was no longer our teacher. We went to the midterm, were told to take it to the best of our ability and it was proctored by the dean.

We still had no information regarding the new professor. We eventually learned that our new professor did not have the time to teach the class and it would be an online class. Now, in week 6, we still have yet to learn any educational material pertaining to the subject and there are numerous technical difficulties. We don't even have a textbook. I want a tuition refund for this class - is that possible?
I don't know. It depends upon your school's policies.

For instance: http://www.college.upenn.edu/tuition-refund
Or http://www.ycp.edu/offices-and-services/business-affairs/refund-policy/

LdiJ

I think it could be very possible if you make a stink about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">