• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Turancy Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dsteward

Was contracted today stating I have a turancy warrant for my daughter and I have to go in front of the magistrate, what should I expect when I go

Dsteward

She's 13 and has recently lost her dad so she's having lots if emonital issues, I know part of it is my fault trying to make ends meet

I'mTheFather

You should expect that you'll have to explain your very good reasons for not making sure your child attends school. This shouldn't be a surprise. There's a process for handling truancy in Michigan that involves meetings with the parents long before a warrant is issued.

I'mTheFather

If your daughter is having lots of emotional issues, I hope you've asked the school for help. Support personnel, such as a social worker or guidance counselor, can meet with her and make recommendations for outside counseling if she's not already seeing a counselor.

Just Blue

She's 13 and has recently lost her dad so she's having lots if emonital issues, I know part of it is my fault trying to make ends meet
Do you have family or friends support that could help? Your daughter really needs assistance and counseling. Does and child therapists groups in your city/town go to the school your daughter is in?

Dsteward

They have her in a coping class now but that was after the warrant was issued, the warrant was issued in Dec I was just notified today by Resa!

I'mTheFather

If she's been going regularly since December, then most likely everything will be fine. If she's still missing school, even occasionally, you may be fined. You really have to make sure she's attending school.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">