• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

University Will Award Me a Fault Degree. What Shoul I Do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

glty1234

here happens a serious case.. my undergraduate degree is chemical engineering.. and my potential master degree is master in computer science.. my current program is an interdisciplinary program, after I finish the program requirement which consists of only one course in computer science... this summer, university finally agree that I will be awarded the degree after I finish the program/coure requirements of this interdisciplinary program....

What a amazing agreement!!! I can't be a computer engineer after I finish the program but I will be awarded the degree in computer science... it's really amazing..

Do you think that the university will cancel my degree even after I am awarded the computer science degree??? if cancel after the degree ? how much compensation will i have... i can't believe that the university can award their degree so radomly and so easily.....

Proserpina

here happens a serious case.. my undergraduate degree is chemical engineering.. and my potential master degree is master in computer science.. my current program is an interdisciplinary program, after I finish the program requirement which consists of only one course in computer science... this summer, university finally agree that I will be awarded the degree after I finish the program/coure requirements of this interdisciplinary program....

What a amazing agreement!!! I can't be a computer engineer after I finish the program but I will be awarded the degree in computer science... it's really amazing..

Do you think that the university will cancel my degree even after I am awarded the computer science degree??? if cancel after the degree ? how much compensation will i have... i can't believe that the university can award their degree so radomly and so easily.....

US law only.

ecmst12

In many, if not MOST, disciplines, a college degree (even a graduate degree) is only the starting place for you to be considered a competent employee in your field. Most of the learning you will do is on your own after you are working.

OHRoadwarrior

Many professional programs require a minimum GPA to successfully obtain your degree. It appears you may have failed to attain that and are getting the consolation prize, which does not constitute a professional discipline with a minimum GPA requirement.

glty1234

Colleges often hand out Doctorate degrees to people who only show up for a few hours on one day. They can pretty much do whatever they want.
wow... but it will affect the reputation of this university... how amazing!... From academic aspect, it should be a misconct to award computer science degree to student who only take one course in computer science

glty1234

In many, if not MOST, disciplines, a college degree (even a graduate degree) is only the starting place for you to be considered a competent employee in your field. Most of the learning you will do is on your own after you are working.
agree...but degree in computer science will help me attact employers who are hiring computer engineer..

glty1234

Many professional programs require a minimum GPA to successfully obtain your degree. It appears you may have failed to attain that and are getting the consolation prize, which does not constitute a professional discipline with a minimum GPA requirement.
yep.. univerisity is very generous...

If there is no degree after completing the program/course requirement, few people will agree to choose this university..

what happened is that I have showed my background in chemical engineering before I registered my first course at this university. But that time, they didn't require me to take prereqisitst courses in computer science...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">