• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unprofessional teacher conduct / Counselor incompotancy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagulheit

I've edited this post to warn anyone who stumbles upon this website looking for advice. It will probably be deleted, but I can try.

I have argued with every person below extensively and have not received any helpful, meaningful replies to my question, even when plainly stated. Just petty insults and cheap shots back and forth. And these are from adults to a minor.

I especially did not expect this kind of behavior on a legal advice forum.

I strongly encourage you to turn elsewhere for advice, especially if you are a minor in need of clear, concise, and objective advice.

(post edited for length)

EDIT: I did receive ONE helpful reply. After all, there is hope.

Last edited:

Silverplum

I live in South Carolina, U.S.

Basically, a teacher of mine has been spreading rumors about me to other teachers. I know this because another teacher, as well as my counselor, has told me the biased information she has sent to EVERY one of my teachers through email.
What is this "biased information?"
Is it true? Is it partly true?

seagulheit said:
This may not seem a big deal, but it is. This will influence how teachers write my recommendations and whether I will get into colleges. And she has damaged my relationship with my other teachers unduly.
I'm interested in what is the information.

seagulheit said:
It's not only one teacher, but my counselor delayed sending essential forms to colleges for literally a month and a half, causing me to miss the deadline for early decision applications.
Since I applied to colleges without any help, I never understand what "counselors" are for, nor do I understand why students don't just ignore them and move forward with their own lives and plans. Makes no sense to me.

seagulheit said:
This is a ridiculous situation.
Can't agree with you. No information.

seagulheit said:
My legal guardian is away on business trips this time of year and cannot meet with these two 'teachers'
Have you finished college and taken a state competency test?

I'm guessing not.

Till then, you are in no position to call them 'teachers' with half-assed quotation marks. Child. :rolleyes:

seagulheit said:
and the principal. So I feel powerless to do anything about it, and this woman is toying with my future and behaving unprofessionally toward me.
Depends on the information you did not give.

seagulheit said:
And my counselor is plain incompotent.
So is your spelling teacher. :rolleyes:

seagulheit said:
Is there anything I can do to get them penalized for what they've done?
I'm not interested until/unless you tell what the Big Fat Deal is at your school and what is the Real Problem.

Silverplum

^

What is wrong with you? Two teachers are essentially becoming a barrier to whether or not I get into college, but you're more concerned about what the gossip.
I'm not interested in gossip, child. I'm interested -- or, I was interested -- in what, precisely, is the problem.

If you don't want to tell, then no one here can help you. How are we to know if it's actionable?

Oh, yes. Be mind readers. :rolleyes:

seagulheit said:
Yes, I am a child, which is why I need help. But these teachers are not children and should not be behaving like children.
I don't know that.

You're acting like a child. And I'm not "allowed" to call you what I really think. ;) Run through some insults in your tiny head and apply them to yourself.

seagulheit said:
I left out the rest of the information because I needed to shorten the post.

Any moron could conclude from the information given that the situation is partially true, but biased.
IF we believe you at face value, which would be stupid of us.

seagulheit said:
Which is why I said she sent ****ing biased information.
Can't express yourself without swearing, child? That's more immaturity. And more reason why I wouldn't believe your little Sad Tale O' Woe.

seagulheit said:
Period. I'm not satisfying your desire for irrelevant information,
Who says it's "irrelevant?" You? :rolleyes: You can't even spell, can't apply to college by yourself -- and you think you also know what is and what is not legally relevant.

Okey-dokey, child. :rolleyes:

seagulheit said:
when you haven't offered up anything yourself.

See? I can give pissy replies, too. Either provide some helpful information, or get lost.

By the way, adults who are replying to children in such a manner are:

1) disgruntled, sad human beings
2) not very mature themselves

If the above is true of you - which it seems is the situation - then it will be in my best interest to completely disregard any BS you "contribute" henceforth. **** off.
I do believe you have ruined your chances of getting any free help here.

Child.

:rolleyes:

commentator

When I was a teacher, there was a guidance counselor in the school who was not only roaring incompetent, she refused to help students apply for any college she did not approve of, refused to send transcripts on some students because she told them they were "not college material." What these students had to do was be proactive, get their own stuff sent, take care of their own applications without assistance. Is she the only guidance counselor in this school? Is there not a teacher anywhere in the system who will say decent things about you in a recommendation? That may be telling. But can you get them in trouble, at your present age and stage in life? No.

seagulheit

Since I applied to colleges without any help, I never understand what "counselors" are for, nor do I understand why students don't just ignore them and move forward with their own lives and plans. Makes no sense to me.

Can't agree with you. No information.
If you live in the United States, that is a blatant lie. Recommendations from counselors are required on applications. That is why the colleges I'm trying to apply to are asking for them, genius. You could not have applied to and gotten into college without some involvement with your counselor unless you went to some ghetto community college.

I don't care whether you agree with me or not. I did not, and will not, ask your opinion. I was addressing whether or not anyone knew of any action that could be taken against unprofessional, incompotent teachers. Period.

[/QUOTE]Have you finished college and taken a state competency test?

I'm guessing not.
/
I'm not interested until/unless you tell what the Big Fat Deal is at your school and what is the Real Problem.[/QUOTE]

Why you would ask a high school student if they've taken a test that is not intended for them is illogical and beyond me.

Furthermore, it is interesting that you feel free to draw conclusions about what I am or am not in a position to do, yet apparently feel the information required to give me a straight answer to the question was too scant.

I left off the actual issue to shorten the post. But the fact that you are more interested in the irrelevant issue and are skating around the question only tells me the following:

1) you have no helpful imput in the first place
2) you do not deserve it

Why you could not conclude from the fact that I said the information she sent was BIASED was concerning a partially true event is beyond me - and brings your intelligence into question. I didn't say rumors or lies: I said biased information. Therefore, something did happen. But the information she sent uninvolved people was severely biased. Period.

Plus:

The fact that you feel compelled to address minors in the manner that you did tell me one or a few the following about you personally:

1) you are a child yourself
2) you are a very disgruntled, pitiful adult
3) you have some issues with minors that you need to have your tantrum about elsewhere
4) you're a douchebag

On a final note, since I will now intentionally withold from you specifically the particularities of what was said, you will never be interested in this conversation. So please, cease participation and save some time...unless you're so pathetic you have more time to kill toying with me.

seagulheit

Good bye OP (s/he threw a tantrum and went pottymouth)
I did, and I apologize for that. But to scold me and completely ignore the ridiculous reply from your friend up there is no better. I'm asking for help, but am only getting stupid, irrelevant questions and unduly harsh replies.

Is this not a serious advice forum? If not, please let me know right now. Because of the replies I've received, only one has attempted to answer the question at hand.

What is wrong with you people? Do you get off on this?

Silverplum

I did, and I apologize for that.
So your next response was ALSO so objectionable that it was reported and removed.

Still apologetic? :rolleyes:

seagulheit said:
But to scold me and completely ignore the ridiculous reply from your friend up there is no better. I'm asking for help, but am only getting stupid, irrelevant questions and unduly harsh replies.
You're not allowed to call people "stupid" here.

Because if we WERE allowed to do so...I'd be ever so happy.

As a child with no education, who are you to decide what is, and what is not legally relevant?

Sounds like you're just too immature to even have a discussion.

seagulheit said:
Is this not a serious advice forum? If not, please let me know right now. Because of the replies I've received, only one has attempted to answer the question at hand.

I attempted.

You went nutso and lost any semblance of maturity or manners.

Proserpina

I did, and I apologize for that. But to scold me and completely ignore the ridiculous reply from your friend up there is no better. I'm asking for help, but am only getting stupid, irrelevant questions and unduly harsh replies.

Let me try.

WHAT was said?

Is it true?

Partially true?

Until you actually - and without the 'tude, please - answer the questions, nobody here can help you.

cyjeff

Ya know, Princess, if you would actually answer the questions that posters ask, we could help you.

Instead, you decide that attacking people is better.

Oh well... its not like we don't have a handful of actual educators and lawyers and very educated laypeople here that could help you.

Good luck.

seagulheit

I don't understand any of you. Well, in particular, two of you.

I ask a question. I understand why you asked for more information, but do not understand why you felt the need to condescend me and be completely offensive right from the start, intentionally.

Therefore, I reacted to it. I am very stressed out about this situation and the fact that complete strangers feel the need to agitate the matter does not help.
As a stressed out, upset, and offended person, I reacted like a person who was stressed out, upset, and offended. When you offend me, it's okay. But when I return the favor, my posts get completely deleted. I've never been on a forum that functions like this.

You say that I am behaving improperly toward you. Are you treating me with such respect that you deserve to have it returned?

Anyway, the situation was really quite bland.

I missed the first half of the teacher's class to retype an essay that was due that day, because my computer at home has a different operating system (therefore a different word program) and would not print from my flash drive. I have not gotten a chance to explain this to her, so she took the liberty of assuming I was just skipping to have fun. And this assumption is what she spread to my other teachers.
I do realize that I should not have done this and served the full punishment that befell me as a result without complaint. However, her spreading this half-lie to uninvolved people who have a role in determining my future is unnecessary, unprofessional behavior.

I'm sorry if that story wasn't as entertaining as you'd like it to be, but that's it.

And about my counselor, the situation is exactly as I said. She hasn't done her job - what she is PAID for. She hasn't sent my transcripts and recommendations after over a month.

Proserpina

You say that I am behaving improperly toward you. Are you treating me with such respect that you deserve to have it returned?

This is exactly the type of attitude expressed by today's youth that gets them into trouble.

Anyway, the situation was really quite bland.

I missed the first half of the teacher's class to retype an essay that was due that day, because my computer at home has a different operating system (therefore a different word program) and would not print from my flash drive. I have not gotten a chance to explain this to her, so she took the liberty of assuming I was just skipping to have fun. And this assumption is what she spread to my other teachers.

So..in other words, she expressed an opinion - based upon the facts present, and remembering that you had NOT told her anything at this point - to others?

She did nothing illegal or immoral.

I do realize that I should not have done this and served the full punishment that befell me as a result without complaint. However, her spreading this half-lie to uninvolved people who have a role in determining my future is unnecessary, unprofessional behavior.

I'm sorry if that story wasn't as entertaining as you'd like it to be, but that's it.

And about my counselor, the situation is exactly as I said. She hasn't done her job - what she is PAID for. She hasn't sent my transcripts and recommendations after over a month.

You are absolutely making a mountain out of a molehill.

seagulheit

This is exactly the type of attitude expressed by today's youth that gets them into trouble.
So I should allow someone (just by virtue of being older than I am) to spit in my face, rape me, beat me, steal from me, talk to me like a dog - whatever they please - and smile about it? I hate to be argumentative, but this seems wrong to me.

This reminds me of something. I have a friend - let's call him Mohammed - who immigrated here from Afghanistan. His parents there subjected him to grotesque punishments for the smallest infractions. He bears the scars resulting from his treatment today. Is this okay?
Would it have been better if they had only verbally abused him, and completely destroyed trust in adults that way?

So..in other words, she expressed an opinion - based upon the facts present, and remembering that you had NOT told her anything at this point - to others?

She did nothing illegal or immoral.
Not based on the facts present. All she knew was that I skipped the first half of class. She told other teachers that I decided to enjoy myself. Here is an exact reproduction of what a teacher told me she said:

"She thought it would be a fun idea to skip class."

Is that accurate to the truth of the situation? No. She did not give them the straight fact - she did not know the deeper part of the story, so she fabricated it. Is this morally right to you?

You are absolutely making a mountain out of a molehill.
Again, opinions.

Where are the people who can supposedly answer the question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">