• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Walking my child to class

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ribbondeflector

My daughter has down syndrome and attends public school in Dekalb Co,Georgia. My wife or I have always walked her to class. The school is now telling us we cannot. Do they have the right to stop us? We walk her out of safety concerns, in the morning the school doors are all opened children and adults roam the hall and our daughter will run in a heartbeat.

Isis1

My daughter has down syndrome and attends public school in Dekalb Co,Georgia. My wife or I have always walked her to class. The school is now telling us we cannot. Do they have the right to stop us? We walk her out of safety concerns, in the morning the school doors are all opened children and adults roam the hall and our daughter will run in a heartbeat.
schools across the nation are locking down on rules for people who have access to school premises. your child is special needs. have you spoken to the IEP administrator?

PQN

If the school is no longer allowing any parent to walk their child to class, they do not have to make an exception for you. However, they are responsible for your daughter as soon as she enters their building. Please call an IEP meeting and add an accomodation that her aide (or the classroom aide) will meet you at the door and you will hand your daughter directly to a staff person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">