• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What will happen to me if I don't attend the 2nd truancy meeting w my parent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tmigo27

I have a lot of absences in school, I have a 2nd truancy letter already. What will happen to me if I don't attend the meeting for the 2nd truancy notice? Do I get kicked out of school for the 3rd time ? Im a senior right now and Im be able to graduate in May. I live in California, and I'm almost 17

CSO286

I have a lot of absences in school, I have a 2nd truancy letter already. What will happen to me if I don't attend the meeting for the 2nd truancy notice? Do I get kicked out of school for the 3rd time ? Im a senior right now and Im be able to graduate in May. I live in California, and I'm almost 17
And this is what the public school system is churning out.

OP, stop skipping school. You need the education.

Humusluvr

If you have that many absences, you almost certainly won't graduate. You will need to make up the hours that you missed, and this is likely to be a meeting to formulate a plan for you to graduate.

Why do you miss school?

When you become 18, you may end up in alternative school, and then it's likely you won't graduate. You don't want to be that guy who quits. You're so close - get it done!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
So YOU are skipping school, and figure you'll leave it to Mommy/Daddy to take responsibility? Nice.

Why do you think you should graduate, since you don't think you need to go to school? Out of personal curiosity - what do you plan for yourself after you graduate (assuming you do)?

cyjeff

Are you honestly asking what will happen if you are truant to your second truancy hearing?

Think about that for just a minute and you will realize that things would not work out very well.

CdwJava

Truancy can be charged as a crime. Not only can the school punish you, but you can also end up in court charged with a misdemeanor.

Get back in school and stay there, or be prepared to live a life with the consequences.

davidmcbeth3

And this is what the public school system is churning out.

OP, stop skipping school. You need the education.

Oh no, this is what the school system produces. The federal government has their foot so far up that all states will have the equivalent of the lowest state's performance. And you local schools just eat up that federal money. Schools are no longer about educating children - its about getting employees benefits that will break the bank.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">