• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Withdraw and pell grant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

christinebutter

Hello

My name is Christine and I live in Washington State. I finished my last quarter with a GPA as a A-,and I started this quarter out just fine. I recently found out by my doctor that I have to start chemotherapy and it will be hard on my body. School here has only been in affect for about 2.5 weeks that means only 4 classes I went to total with out missing any class. I received a Pell Grant, and also a Student in Need Grant. Since I am not dropping out for the reason of bored, or just don't want to go there is a medical reason. I do have a doctors note saying that I have have serious medical problems. I am wondering how will take effect my grant, and do I have to pay it back since there is a note, and that it is a medical reason. I do plan on going back, and want to go back to school. I did not choose to have this happen to me.

Any advice on how to do this, or go around this would be great.

Best Regards,
Christine

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Hello

My name is Christine and I live in Washington State. I finished my last quarter with a GPA as a A-,and I started this quarter out just fine. I recently found out by my doctor that I have to start chemotherapy and it will be hard on my body. School here has only been in affect for about 2.5 weeks that means only 4 classes I went to total with out missing any class. I received a Pell Grant, and also a Student in Need Grant. Since I am not dropping out for the reason of bored, or just don't want to go there is a medical reason. I do have a doctors note saying that I have have serious medical problems. I am wondering how will take effect my grant, and do I have to pay it back since there is a note, and that it is a medical reason. I do plan on going back, and want to go back to school. I did not choose to have this happen to me.

Any advice on how to do this, or go around this would be great.

Best Regards,
Christine

I really think your best course of action would be to go to your Financial Aid office and speak with them. No one here can give you a definitive answer.

Wishing you the best of luck in your treatment and recovery.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">