• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong Information from institution to state.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MaverickTX

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am currently accepted into a nursing program, pending completion of enrollment packet. Part of the packet is finger printing and a background check. However the institution sent the incorrect SSN number to the Texas BON and this prevents me from completing the fingerprinting. Updated information was sent on the 13th of NOV. and as of the 23rd of December the State had not updated the information. If this prevents me from beginning class in January, I will have to wait until August to start. Can I sue either the institution or the Texas Board of nursing for the 8 months of wages I would lose out on by completing the degree 8 months later?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am currently accepted into a nursing program, pending completion of enrollment packet. Part of the packet is finger printing and a background check. However the institution sent the incorrect SSN number to the Texas BON and this prevents me from completing the fingerprinting. Updated information was sent on the 13th of NOV. and as of the 23rd of December the State had not updated the information. If this prevents me from beginning class in January, I will have to wait until August to start. Can I sue either the institution or the Texas Board of nursing for the 8 months of wages I would lose out on by completing the degree 8 months later?
No.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">