• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully suspended. too harsh!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ribgirl

Our school is a private vocational/fast track school in VA. I am attending to receive my LPN degree. The school administrators have been known for lying, changing details and covering them up, and making up rules and stipulations last minute. We are in a building that is shared with a few other businesses on separate floors. The parking lot is private property. A gentleman from one of the businesses within our building had an issue with my friends poor parking skills and made an example of her by parking so close to her door she could only get in by crawling across her passenger seat. She called the cops, they said there was nothing they could do because it was private property, and we could do whatever as long as no damages or injuries occurred. The guy also left a nasty note the following day calling us "Pompous arrogant A$$Holes" among a few other things. So to make a joke of it, I parked my car long ways (2 parking spots) and placed a poster board on my windshield that read verbatim, "POMPOUS A-HOLE PARKING" a teacher took it off of my car, and then called me in on my week break and suspended me for 4 months, which will push my graduation date from March 2013 to July 2013, as well as add another semester to my tuition. Their reasoning is that this is no behavior for a future nurse and that it gives the school a bad name. I placed the sign when no one else was outside and they lied saying they received a letter from the lower floor stating: a girl in "BLUE SCRUBS" was seen putting the sign up. That however was a lie because it was on a Friday, which we wear street clothes. She also said the sign had been blown off of my car and they retrieved it from the parking lot, but it was actually seen being taken off of my car by a faculty member. I feel as if my punishment doesn’t fit my crime and they are infringing on my freedom of speech. 4 months!!! That’s a tad bit overkill. What do I do? Am I in the wrong?:confused::cool::mad:

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Our school is a private vocational/fast track school in VA. I am attending to receive my LPN degree. The school administrators have been known for lying, changing details and covering them up, and making up rules and stipulations last minute. We are in a building that is shared with a few other businesses on separate floors. The parking lot is private property. A gentleman from one of the businesses within our building had an issue with my friends poor parking skills and made an example of her by parking so close to her door she could only get in by crawling across her passenger seat. She called the cops, they said there was nothing they could do because it was private property, and we could do whatever as long as no damages or injuries occurred. The guy also left a nasty note the following day calling us "Pompous arrogant A$$Holes" among a few other things. So to make a joke of it, I parked my car long ways (2 parking spots) and placed a poster board on my windshield that read verbatim, "POMPOUS A-HOLE PARKING" a teacher took it off of my car, and then called me in on my week break and suspended me for 4 months, which will push my graduation date from March 2013 to July 2013, as well as add another semester to my tuition. Their reasoning is that this is no behavior for a future nurse and that it gives the school a bad name. I placed the sign when no one else was outside and they lied saying they received a letter from the lower floor stating: a girl in "BLUE SCRUBS" was seen putting the sign up. That however was a lie because it was on a Friday, which we wear street clothes. She also said the sign had been blown off of my car and they retrieved it from the parking lot, but it was actually seen being taken off of my car by a faculty member. I feel as if my punishment doesn’t fit my crime and they are infringing on my freedom of speech. 4 months!!! That’s a tad bit overkill. What do I do? Am I in the wrong?:confused::cool::mad:
You acted immaturely and unprofessionally. They are allowed to suspend you. They could expel you. Maybe you should grow up and act like an adult who willb e in charge of people's health and lives.

ribgirl

Yes, you are in the wrong. Learn this lesson now, it will not be tolerated in the real world.
Ok, maybe I should rephrase this. I could have handled this situation a little better, but is this a deserving punishment for a student that has a B average and hasn't had this issue in the past. And technically it was not on school grounds and totally unrelated to my facility/faculty/or students.

ribgirl

You acted immaturely and unprofessionally. They are allowed to suspend you. They could expel you. Maybe you should grow up and act like an adult who willb e in charge of people's health and lives.
Is this a professional opinion or just uptight and negative nancy thinking?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Whether I, or any other poster here, thinks it is a deserving punishment is irrelevant. The school thinks it is. In the absence of a legally binding and enforceable disciplinary policy that was violated, they can address it any way they see fit.

FYI, the First Amendment says that the government cannot restrict your speech. It does not say that a private entity cannot discipline you for inappropriate behavior.

Proserpina

Seriously OP - what are you going to do when you have an uppity/uncooperative patient?

Withhold meds?

Squeeze their IV line?

Frankly I don't want you anywhere near someone who needs medical care until you get your head out of your backside and grow up. A LOT.

Eekamouse

They should have expelled you. I don't want anyone with your attitude giving care to me or my loved ones. How is it that they allowed a 10 year old into their nursing program anyway? Oh wait. You're not 10, you just act that way. Grow up and be grateful you weren't kicked out altogether like you should have been.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">