• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongly Withdrawal or Dismissal from the College

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Student Lawyer

I am a HONOR STUDENT and a member of PHI THETA KAPPA (International Honor Society of two-year college). I am a student for 3 years with total 3.76 GPA.
Recently I have been WRONGLY dismissed from the Health Career Program because of Administrative Dismissal (Violation of Academic Honesty or Violation of Standards of Student Rights and Responsibilities). October 3rd I received the letter that stays

After consideration of all the facts presented , it has been determined that you cheated on an exam....

The program manager explained me that she got 2 letters that stay I was cheating on September 7. First letter was from a teacher , the other was from a student. I never had a chance to look on these letters.

On September 7 I was late to class. By the time I came all student finished their tests. I took my test alone while the other students were doing their homework. I KNOW FOR SURE THAT I DID NOT CHEAT ON THE EXAM.
After this test I had 3 more tests in this class .
My grades were
Exam #1 38 out of 40
Exam #2 40 out of 40
Exam #3 38 out of 40
Exam #4 40 out of 40
The teacher never said to me that I was cheating.

After the situation occurred, I contacted the College President. He told me that I am eligible to continue my education in any Health careers programs except the one from which I was dismissed. I asked him to appeal dismissal decision in order to avoid the cheating charge on my educational record.
He told me:
First, it takes a lot of time and nothing happened in order if I win the process; but if I lose the process I cannot continue my education in community college.
Second, I am an international student and I do not have enough time to play with it.

I was agree to stop the process and asked him to write me official letter that stays I can continue my education without any problem. I mentioned to him that it is very important for me to continue my education in Health Career. He was agree to write the letter.

On October 20 I received the letter from the College President that confirms my eligibility to continue the education in any program OUTSIDE the Health Careers in Community College.

What do I need to do and who do I need to contact in order to continue my education in Health Career? Who can I contact outside the college?
I would like to investigate this situation and see the proof for the cheating. They have only heresy and nothing else. I was agree to retake the exam but no one was listen to me.

I did talk to my international advisor and He told me to go through the appeal process. Also, I spoke with the college president and he told me that it is better to stop the process and just continue education. I asked him to write me official letter where will be shown that I can continue education in medical field except the Medical Assisting program from which I was dismissed. He was agree to write the letter. I received totally different letter.
The letter says :

This correspondence is follow up to the letter dated October 3, 2011 regarding your status in the Medical Assisting Program . This letter confirms your eligibility to continue education in any program you choose outside the Health Careers at CC College. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact my office at xxx-xxx-xxxx

I received the letter on Friday ; then, I called to the President and asked him why did he tell me one thing but in the letter another. He said he would check everything what in the letter and what he can do about it. The president asked me to call him back on Monday.

On Monday I called the President's cell number and left him a message to call me back. He did not call me back. On Tuesday I called on the office number, spoke with his secretary, and left a message to call me back. I was waiting for 3 days for the call, he did not call me back. On Friday, October 28 , I called his office and left one more message. Till today I am waiting for his call.

The problem is I do not want to loose my visa status, so I do not know what to do. I wrote a letter to the Ohio Department of Education . Right now , I am waiting for the reply and try to find another institutions who can help me to deal with it. I think it is better to continue college in the other program in order to have the visa and continue fighting with the college in order to be put back on good academic stand and be back in Health Career.

Please let me know what do I need to do and do I need to take a lawyer, because the President does not want to speak with me.
Thank you

Humusluvr

You might also consider transferring to another school.

Did you ever have a hearing for the dismissal? Like where you presented a case, and were given a chance to see the evidence?

Student Lawyer

Hello!
Thank you for the reply. I try to reach the college president in order to appeal the case, but he did not answer to my calls for 3 weeks already. I am calling his office and leaving the messages with his secretary.
What do I need to do in this situation.
Thank you

Humusluvr

Hello!
Thank you for the reply. I try to reach the college president in order to appeal the case, but he did not answer to my calls for 3 weeks already. I am calling his office and leaving the messages with his secretary.
What do I need to do in this situation.
Thank you
Did you have a hearing? Is there a grievance department, or judicial affairs for students, or something like that? The president is a busy guy, you should start by getting a hearing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">