• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

5 year lookback in PA for nursing homes?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrmustang

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennslyvania
My question concerns the 5 year look back laws for the elderly in a Pennslyvania nursing home. 1. My father is remarried an owns a home with his second wife named Sue. She is not my mother. 2. My father and Sue gave me their house ( both signatures on the deed). 6 months later my father dies. And then 6 more months later Sue is in a nursing home. Now the state of Pennslyvania wants me to pay full FAIR MARKET VALUE for this house. My question is??? DO I have to pay the ENTIRE full market value for this house or just Sue's half as she only legally owned half the house when it was given to me? All of this has happened in the last 2 years.
THANX
Scott What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">