• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Act of donation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cowgirl1951

What is the name of your state (Louisiana)

My parents did an act of donation of their home and land in 2001, my mom has since passed on. My father and siblings has figuratively disowned me. My oldest sibling has power of attorney, can she get me removed from my share?

Antigone*

My parents did an act of donation of their home and land in 2001, my mom has since passed on. My father and siblings has figuratively disowned me. My oldest sibling has power of attorney, can she get me removed from my share?
Your share of what? What makes you think you are entitled to anything?

latigo

My parents did an act of donation of their home and land in 2001. .
It means nothing to tell us that your parents executed an “Act of Donation” covering their home without disclosing the names of the “donees” or person to whom the gift of the home was made!

You must seek the advice and services of a Louisiana attorney to do some title searching to learn whether the instrument actually exists, and if so, if you are a named donee and if it was properly executed, notarized and recorded. All of that plus the consequences of any gift tax issues.

Hopefully you are not simply relying on word of mouth or rumor. But the dearth of information here suggests that may be just so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">