• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appeals in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anne21556

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
We have already had one hearing before the judge. My sister bought my Dad's house 4 months before he died for far less than market value. She has the POA for him. She also got a mortgage for 90k more than purchase price (what she paid him). He signed the agreement, her daughter witnessed and then the notary witnessed his signature the next day when he was not even there. She admitted this in court. We had a great real estate witness (as the judge declared in his chambers). He has basically said we have one this part of the case. We have another hearing on her POA accounting which is also unbelievable.

MY questions is:
Can She appeal?
On what grounds other than I don't like the decision the judge made?
Does that go to a judge?
How long will that take?

We have made numerous settlement offers and she will not budge despite the judge's comments that he should really convince her to do so.

Appreciate any comments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">