• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Burial wishes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beaglefan61

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington My question is about opposing burial wishes. If I wish to have my wishes carried out in a different way than family to what extent need I go for this? This is a problem considering the family has more resources for carrying out such arrangements. Is a lawyer needed to enforce this or is there any form which can be done? Never had this as an issue so not sure what all is entailed. Specifically, if I simply want cremation and ashes put in a bay and family wants burial plot what all is needed for me to have my preference done? Thanks for any response

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You will need to put your wishes in writing. See http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=68.50.160

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">