• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get guardian over Grandma?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

The1 left

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

So I am the only grandchild. My dad and grandfather are both deceased and my grandmother(has Alzheimer's) never remarried and grandfather passed. Recently I've been in court due to Grandma niece wanting and was grant guardian. I did contest but was not successful they had lawyers I didn't. The niece has bullied me about "making sure her and her twins will be taken care of with the money once my grandma die" (she's just my grandma niece). I can't get access to one insurance policy I'm beneficiary of because the niece has a password on it. In my defense what can I do? I was told by many that I'm the only heir and the niece or nobody else can take anything since my grandma has no will. But the niece has taken from her account before the doctor declared her incompetent. Please help me I'm not coping well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">