• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contesting a POA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moonigma

What is the name of your state? GA
My grandmother has dementia and has to live in a nursing home. My aunt has the POA but I suspect she is abusing this privilege as does the rest of the family. My mother has been really upset about it. I wanted to know if there was any way for my mother to contest the POA and get it changed over to someone more respomsible? Please help.:(What is the name of your state?

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state? GA
My grandmother has dementia and has to live in a nursing home. My aunt has the POA but I suspect she is abusing this privilege as does the rest of the family. My mother has been really upset about it. I wanted to know if there was any way for my mother to contest the POA and get it changed over to someone more respomsible? Please help.:(What is the name of your state?
Nope. Granny's not competent to sign a POA. Your mother would have to petition for guardianship over granny which would invalidate the POA upon the court order designating the guardian.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">