• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dishonest executor of estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lovetocook

What is the name of your state? Illinois My husbands sister was the power of attorney and executor of the will for his grandparents. Grandfather passed away and grandmother lived with her. She cashed many large CDs and paid herself to take care of grandmother. The problem was she paid herself more than she could have stayed in a care facility for. We felt she was dishonest by doing this. Is there a limit to what you can pay yourself for.

Dandy Don

This is abuse of POA. Talk to an attorney experienced in elder financial abuse to find out how you can bring charges to she will have to repay this money.

lovetocook

my husband is afraid we will spend more than we will recover. I would just like to show her she is wrong and no fooling anyone with her dishonesty

pojo2

lovetocook said:
I would just like to show her she is wrong and no fooling anyone with her dishonesty
Then call her on the phone and say you are wrong and not fooling anyone with you dishonesty!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">