• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DNR law in tennessee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BJT

This is in Tennessee...

Not sure if you will read this or if you do if you will respond.

I was in the ICU with a terminal patient, a friend of mine. My wife, the nurse
and the doctor on the telephone talking to the patient. No family members were
there. She has no insurance. The doctor explained that she was going to die.
Nothing will help her get better. he asked her if she wanted a DNR on her
chart...she refused. Many times she refused. the nurse, doctor and my wife and I
heard it clearly. This was before she was medicated. She was well aware of
everything. She said no matter what they do to me I want to live, even with a tube down my throat in a nursing home.

As she was getting worse the next day there was a DNR placed on her chart. They
are now letting her die. No IV feeding. No assisted oxygen...nothing. Starving
her under heavy meds.

Can you tell me if it is legal to place a DNR order even after the patient
cleary said NO. I am having a hard time with this. I heard it. Now her wishes
are tossed to the side. How can that be? Why even ask the question if they do what they want anyway.

Please help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

BJT

Useless Forum

The woman died in the early hours this morning. No IV feeding...no assisted oxygen....starved under heavy meds and her wishes were tossed aside by the doctors who put the DNR in place against her wishes.

This forum was no help. No Free Advice here!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The woman died in the early hours this morning. No IV feeding...no assisted oxygen....starved under heavy meds and her wishes were tossed aside by the doctors who put the DNR in place against her wishes.

This forum was no help. No Free Advice here!
You posted late on a Friday night. Here it is late morning on the following day (SATURDAY) and you come with that attitude.

How's this for an answer? It's none of your business in the first place!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

swalsh411

Doesn't a DNR, or lack thereof, only become a factor if the patient suffers cardiac or respiratory arrest?

Did your friend suffer either cardiac or respiratory arrest? If not, then the lack of a DNR is irrelevant.

And lose the 'tude pronto if you want any more help from anybody.

BJT

Still no help. USELESS FORUM! trust me, after this experience I will not look for help here again. Waste of time. :D Here's my FREE ADVICE to any of the 20 that may read this....find FREE ADVICE elsewhere!

Buh Bye

Zigner

Still no help. USELESS FORUM! trust me, after this experience I will not look for help here again. Waste of time. :D Here's my FREE ADVICE to any of the 20 that may read this....find FREE ADVICE elsewhere!

Buh Bye
What a maroon!

Gail in Georgia

OP doesn't seem to understand that "terminal" (his own description) means one is going to die no matter what the medical team does.

Gail

Kiawah

BJT,

Perhaps if you wanted faster response time, you should have retained a local attorney who could have worked the weekend for you.

Antigone*

Buh Bye
Don't let the door smack your back side on the way out. Oh yea and no refunds:cool:

BJT

Don't let the door smack your back side on the way out. Oh yea and no refunds:cool:
A GUY FROM GREECE TALKIN BOUT BACKSIDES :D

I don't expect a refund when a service isn't even provided. That would be like trying to return an item I never purchased.

As for the knucklehead who said the term "terminal" means that one is going to die no matter what the medical team does...

THEN WHY ASK THE QUESTION DO YOU WANT A DNR ON YOUR CHART AND GIVE HER AN OPTION??

EVERY TIME I LOG IN HERE I REALIZE WHAT AN EMPTY PLACE FOR ADVICE IT REALLY IS!

TA TA

Zigner

I don't expect a refund when a service isn't even provided. That would be like trying to return an item I never purchased.

As for the knucklehead who said the term "terminal" means that one is going to die no matter what the medical team does...

THEN WHY ASK THE QUESTION DO YOU WANT A DNR ON YOUR CHART AND GIVE HER AN OPTION??

TA TA
And yet, here you are again :rolleyes:

Proserpina

TA TA

Do you have mental issues?

You need help.

Seriously.

And thanks, my fellow volunteers, for even taking the time to read this person's posts!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">