• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a right to see paperwork before death of Father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

4relvr

What is the name of your state California

My Father passed away last Sept. The same person who was the attorney in fact is also the executor and an heir to my Father's estate.

After seeing some of the records since he passed, I have suspicions about what was spent before his death.

Do I have the legal right to ask for and see his financial records (currently held by the POA) before his death? If not, who does?

My Dad's attorney who handles his trust appears to be rubber stamping everything the executor says or does and a recent correspondence from the attorney says she now represents the trustee (same as executor). So my question is where are the checks and balances here? Who watches the POA? If my Father had dimentia, 24hr care, and was incompetent the last year of his life, who watches over the POA with his estate?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">