• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Durable POA vs. Trustee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ndhlp

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

What differences are their in power of attorney versus trustee of revocable living trust. I am durable power of attorney for my mom and my sibling and I are co-trustees to her revocable living trust. Mom is now going into a home due to her medical condition and I will be activating her POA but my sibling thinks that it is pretty much worthless if we are both listed to manage trust. Is their any difference?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

BlondiePB

ndhlp said:

What differences are their in power of attorney versus trustee of revocable living trust. I am durable power of attorney for my mom and my sibling and I are co-trustees to her revocable living trust. Mom is now going into a home due to her medical condition and I will be activating her POA but my sibling thinks that it is pretty much worthless if we are both listed to manage trust. Is their any difference?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Unless the POA is "of the trust" you cannot use the POA to manage any assests that are in trust. Both trustees have to sign for all assests in the trust. You will need to use the POA for things outside the trust such, as medical decisions, if that is granted in the POA document. If you do not know how to sign documents correctly, you can make yourself the guarantor of the home's contract. I suggest you see an Elder Law attorney to explain a lot thngs to you that you, obviously, do not understand.

seniorjudge

ndhlp said:

When ma goes, so does the POA but the trustees' powers will continue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">