• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Elderly Guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mileissa

What is the name of your state? CT
What is the name of your state? Connecticut
Hi
My grandmother is a US citizen And currently lives in Dominican Republic. SHe had two sons which they passed away I am the next of Kin. My grandmothers brother is taking care of her, but she lives in a very bad condition. He takes her social security check and also wants to be able to manage all her money that she has in the bank. He has filed papers to take over. She currently has Alzheimer. She does recognize me and other people. I wanted to bring her over here So I could give her the proper care but he took her US passport and didn't want to give it to me. What can I do to bring her here? I have photos of her house and conditions she lives in. She needs to be placed in a home or have a nurse take care of her. She sometimes gets lost and appears the next day. Can the US help me bring her here?

Milly

Mileissa said:
What is the name of your state? CT
What is the name of your state? Connecticut
Hi
My grandmother is a US citizen And currently lives in Dominican Republic. SHe had two sons which they passed away I am the next of Kin. My grandmothers brother is taking care of her, but she lives in a very bad condition. He takes her social security check and also wants to be able to manage all her money that she has in the bank. He has filed papers to take over. She currently has Alzheimer. She does recognize me and other people. I wanted to bring her over here So I could give her the proper care but he took her US passport and didn't want to give it to me. What can I do to bring her here? I have photos of her house and conditions she lives in. She needs to be placed in a home or have a nurse take care of her. She sometimes gets lost and appears the next day. Can the US help me bring her here?

Milly

My response:

No. Talk to someone in the Dominican Republic.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">