• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandma's remains

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

catwoman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Did know where to post this question. How can family members find out where someone's remains are buried? We do know which funeral home handled the arrangements.
They're saying it's against the law to tell us without our physical presence or an okay from the family member in charge of estate.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Did know where to post this question. How can family members find out where someone's remains are buried? We do know which funeral home handled the arrangements.
They're saying it's against the law to tell us without our physical presence or an okay from the family member in charge of estate.
Perhaps you should go to the funeral home in person and ask.
However, why don't you just ask the person in charge of the estate?

catwoman

I live in so. calif. and she's in Eureka. Her son (my bio-dad) has kept all information regarding her death and arrangements from the family. My question is, is it a state law not to release information?

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I live in so. calif. and she's in Eureka. Her son (my bio-dad) has kept all information regarding her death and arrangements from the family.
Perhaps you should go to the funeral home in person and ask.

ETA: There is nothing guaranteeing you any "right" to have the information you seek.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">